Monthly Archives: February, 2015

Copernicus in Krakow

Photography by Carlos Dorce

Photography by Carlos Dorce

This statue is next to the Jagiellonian University in Kraków. It was designed by Cyprian Godebski in 1899 as a top of a well and originally stood in the courtyard of the Jagiellonian’s Collegium Maius (Copernicus studied at the Collegium Maius in the years 1491 – 1495). It was moved here in 1953.

Photography by Carlos Dorce

Photography by Carlos Dorce

Location: Copernicus Monument in Krakow (map)

Advertisements