The statue was erected by W. Theed in 1858 and was originally surrounded by iron railings. It shows Newton holding a scroll with a drawing of an ellipse which is the path taken by a planet around the sun. The statue was cast from the metal of a Russian gun captured in the Crimean war.
Furthermore, the statue is opposite the Isaac Newton Shopping Centre:
Location: St. Peter’s Hill (map)